27 February 2015:
eHour 1.4.3 is a bug fix release solving an issue with the reports. Reports threw an Internal Error in some cases.
- [EHO-525] Use Added HikariCP for connection pooling. Use with ehour.database.cp=hikari in your ehour.properties.
- [EHO-524] Verify ehour.properties config when booting
- [EHO-517] JDBC driver classname is no longer required in ehour.properties
23 February 2015:
eHour 1.4.2 has a number of improvements and bug fixes. The backup to XML is more robust, a search filter was added to the timesheet and it's now fully compatible with Internet Explorer 10 again.
Thanks to Maxima Consulting, Random Solutions and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam for supporting the development of this release.
- [EHO-454] Search filter in the timesheet
- [EHO-472] Hide customers in the timesheet
- [EHO-475] Export to XSLX instead of XLS
- [EHO-489] Update the French translation
- [EHO-509] Rename customer to client
- [EHO-510] In the report page, have prev/current/next options in the quick selection dropdowns listed first
- [EHO-465] Current page not highlighted in the main navigation
- [EHO-470] Navigation calendar broken in the month overview page
- [EHO-480] Error thrown when two users have the same last name and one of them has no provided first name.
- [EHO-482] In Manage -> Projects, when filtering the project list the assignment list filtered as well
- [EHO-488] Locked timesheet can be filled up using 'Book remaining hours on this project
- [EHO-489] Chinese character set breaks the back-up
- [EHO-497] Internet Explorer 10 didn't display timesheet correctly
- [EHO-500] Backup to XML leaks memory
- [EHO-502] Date formatting in Project Manager section does not respect localization
- [EHO-503] Current date is shown as "last date" for users who have no start or end date
- [EHO-504] Default projects don't show any assigned users in "manage projects"
- [EHO-506] When the backup failed to import the data it corrupted the existing database
- [EHO-508] Manage Assignments - Projects are cut off
- [EHO-512] Assignments counts inactive projects, but doesn't load them in the assignment manager.
- [EHO-514] Labels are clickable for checkboxes
21 August 2014:
eHour 1.4.1 is a small bug fix release. The "Export to Excel" icon was missing in the report screens, it's re-added.
Download eHour 1.4.1
- [EHO-453] No Export to Excel option in Reports..
20 August 2014:
eHour 1.4 is here! Version 1.4 adds new features, improvements and squashes a few bugs that snuck into the previous release.
Among the new features is the possibility for an admin (and manager, read below) to impersonate a different user. This allows the admin to modify or export the timesheet of that user.
Also new is sending email reminders automatically to users who forgot to book their hours.
Other refinements are the (optional) split of the manager and admin role, the ability to exclude users from locked periods, being able to aggregate the detailed reports on week, month, quarter and year and a few other things.
And there's a new logo and login screen!
Thanks to Maxima Consulting for sponsoring the development of this release.
- [EHO-188] Manager can review and edit the team member's time sheet
- [EHO-206] Admin can run any user's "your hours -> export this month"
- [EHO-447] Mail a reminder when a user didn't book hours in a week
- [EHO-451] Split admin role in admin and manager role
- [EHO-181] User report doesn't show users with 0 hours
- [EHO-294] Revise reporting and provide by day, week, month, quarter, year reports
- [EHO-429] Ability to enter negative time in the timesheet
- [EHO-450] Allow users to be excluded from a timesheet lock
- [EHO-413] Cannot find export to XLS
- [EHO-417] Using French locale breaks eHour
- [EHO-425] Assignment of the user to multiple projects at once doesn't work properly
- [EHO-431] In the reporting charts, the axes turnover amount and worked hours are opposite
- [EHO-433] The "export month" screen sometimes lists all projects incl. projects you're not assigned to
- [EHO-436] Showing rates in the reports did not check the config setting.
- [EHO-448] Authenticated SMTP support is broken
6 March 2014:
TE-CON is proud to announce eHour 1.3. This release contains new features, a lot of improvements and bug fixes.
The most notable new feature is the ability to lock timesheets, not allowing users to modify their hours between specified dates. This functionality is useful when hours are billed and thus should not be modified. Read more about it in locking timesheets
The admin and report screens were optimized to work with longer lists of users and projects by adding filtering and rearranging the UI. Also an administrator can now bulk assign many users to a single project, or a single user to many projects.
The projectmanager role was given more depth, the PM now has access to all the reports for his project. The PM is now also able to un/assign users from the projects (s)he's PM for. Read the Five ways of assigning users for more information.
- [EHO-62] Be able to lock timesheets
- [EHO-206] Allow assignment of multiple users to project at once via the project page
- [EHO-365] As a PM, I want to have access to the Global Reports for the projects that I'm PM for
- [EHO-373] As a PM I want to be able to make assignments active/inactive for the projects that I'm PM for
- [EHO-388] From the user admin, be able to assign a user to multiple projects at once
- [EHO-364] In the admin screens, make the projects column wider
- [EHO-366] Improve Dutch translation
- [EHO-368] In the report criteria screen, make better use of available vertical space
- [EHO-369] In the report criteria screen, addd custom sorting to the list of customers and projects
- [EHO-370] In the report criteria screen, add filtering to the customer, project, department and user list
- [EHO-372] In the user admin, after adding a new user navigate to the assignments for this user
- [EHO-384] In the detailed reporting, add rate column
- [EHO-390] In the detailed reporting, add role column
- [EHO-391] In the PM report, also show users that are assigned but did not book any hours
- [EHO-399] In assignment admin, populate project dropdown with all projects when no customer is selected
- [EHO-400] In the report criteria screen, be able to clear individual report criteria rather than only all at once
- [EHO-403] In the customer/project/user report, add "role" column
- [EHO-400] In the report criteria screen, be able to clear individual report criteria rather than only all at once
- [EHO-407] In the reports, optionally show users who are assigned but have not booked any hours in a the selected date period
- [EHO-352] In the report criteria screen, using the "Only billable projects ?" filter generates internal error
- [EHO-351] In the report criteria screen, projects are sorted on name. After selecting a date the projects are sorted on project code.
- [EHO-362] In the timesheet, when you use the upper store button and then logoff you get message.. data may not be saved
- [EHO-367] The navigation and admin screen put the content under eachother when there's not enough space[EHO-371] In the user admin form, the browser's autocomplete prefills password and email
- [EHO-376] In the timesheet, unsaved hours are not protected by a popup when clicking in the calendar
- [EHO-381] In the user admin, after modifying a user - he loses the projectmanager role
- [EHO-382] In the reports, users who can only access their own data still see a user report tab
- [EHO-394] In the PM report, progress is not shown for assignments with a start/end date or maximum amount of hours
- [EHO-401] In all admin screens, there is no confirmation popup when deleting a customer/project/user etc.
- [EHO-402] The PM report is broken for projects with assignments that have a max. number of hours
- [EHO-404] In the report criteria screen, after using the quick week/month/quarter selector the date cannot be changed anymore
- [EHO-405] In the reports, data is not sorted properly
- [EHO-406] In excel exports, dates are not properly formatted and include an unused time part
- [EHO-408] In the report criteria screen, the billable checkbox only filtered the list of available projects - not the actual report
- [EHO-409] In the report criteria screen, the quick week / month / quarter selection was always reset to it's first value after revisiting the criteria
18 October 2013: eHour 220.127.116.11 bundles Java with the Windows and Mac installers. In previous versions you had to install Java yourself, before installing eHour.
- [EHO-346] Windows and Mac installs do not bundle JRE
16 October 2013: eHour 1.2.2 fixes a number of bugs, including a critical one in the auditing functionality.
- [EHO-329] Replacement logo can be updated again, this was broken in 1.2.1
- [EHO-331] Proper error message when trying to add a user with a non-unique username.
- [EHO-333] Auditing all events (read & write) resulted into an endless loop. This is fixed.
- [EHO-336] A large number of active projects broke the screen where a user enters his/hers hours.
- [EHO-338] A dialogue pops up when a user enters hours but does not save the timesheet. This was broken when changing the weeks.
- [EHO-339] Trying to change the username of an existing user through the admin interface was broken. Fixed.
- [EHO-341] Cancelling editing the comment of an hour entry, would erase any existing comment for that entry.
- [EHO-343] eHour now checks regularly (daily) for an update and displays a notification when a new version of eHour is released.
2 June 2013: And eHour reaches version 1.2.1 - a bug-fix release fixing the following issues:
- [EHO-306] Internet Explorer 8's compatibility mode was not properly overriden. In other words, eHour now properly works with IE8 even when IE8 is set to be in IE7 compatible mode.
- [EHO-322] The full name of a user (first and last name) is shown in the detailed report
- [EHO-323] In eHour 1.2 changes were made to how the configured currency to use is stored in the database.
However the default value, when you install eHour for the first time, was not set properly and eHour didn't handle this correctly. The default currency is now set to a US dollar.
- [EHO-327] The excel export of the detailed report crashed when trying to export a larger data set (more than 200 users).
- [EHO-328] All the excel exports in the global reporting section returned the "project export" excel.
15 May 2013: TE-CON is proud to present eHour 1.2 !
In version 1.2 the underlying web framework (Wicket) has been upgraded from version 1.4.20 to 6.7. This fixes
deployment issues on the latest Tomcat versions and increases browser compatibility.
The export month feature was a bit enhanced, rather than just exporting a month you can now export any date range; be it a week or multiple months.
The calendar/datepicker now uses the proper date format and a Finnish translation is added, thanks to Janne Viljanen.
- [EHO-184] - Export weeks
- [EHO-271] - Improve performance of detailed reports chart
- [EHO-312] - Add Finnish translation
- [EHO-316] - Upgrade Highcharts to latest version
- [EHO-317] - Delete print from month overview
- [EHO-318] - Add 'check all' option to project selection in export month
- [EHO-319] - Improve filename of export month excel sheet
- [EHO-270] - Sorting on date in the detailed reports is broken
- [EHO-279] - eHour WAR doesn´t show "Additional comments" screen (with Tomcat 7+)
- [EHO-280] - Date format is incorrect with component calendar for French locale
- [EHO-299] - MySQL fresh install script doesn't work
- [EHO-302] - Aggregate report graphs round-off errors
- [EHO-306] - MS IE 8 compatability
- [EHO-307] - Can't delete customers
- [EHO-313] - Calendar bug with non english date format ...
- [EHO-314] - Validation messages in the general configuration are missing
- [EHO-315] - The country set for localization is not properly used for number formatting
- [EHO-320] - Long customer / project names are not shown properly in the project overview on the month overview page
20 November 2012: TE-CON is proud to present eHour 1.1 !
This update fixes a number of bugs: Backup & restore now properly restores all data in the backup and properly handles deleted users. The timesheet now can handle many projects for a single user. Detailed report charts display fractions (7.5 hours) properly and sums up multiple project bookings on the same day. And eHour is translated into Czech, thanks to Pavel Vitek.
The full release notes:
- [EHO-277] - Add Project Code to the monthly export
- [EHO-295] - Provide Czech translation
- [EHO-278] - Restore of backup fails to restore project assignments
- [EHO-290] - Restore of backup fails when users were deleted in the past
- [EHO-288] - Logging out does not clear session completely
- [EHO-285] - Save of timesheet fails when there are lots of projects and customers
- [EHO-286] - Multiple assignments from the same project on the same user not shown in the timesheet
- [EHO-287] - Reporting tab shows rates even though they are disabled in config
- [EHO-289] - Project Code shown in Detailed Report
- [EHO-291] - Chart in Detailed Report does not sum values for individual days
- [EHO-292] - Fractions are not shown in the reporting charts
- [EHO-281] - Pagination in the Audit report does not work
- [EHO-296] - Automatic upgrade of the standalone dist using the installer fails to remove the previous version
15 June 2012: TE-CON is proud to present a new release of eHour, version 1.0 ! This new version has:
An improved standalone version
install4j kindly donated a license for their installer allowing eHour to use a "next-next-next" installer. On Windows, eHour is now automatically installed as a service and oh, there's 64-bit support as well.
An improved user interface
Previous versions of eHour used a fixed width of your browser, regardless of how much screen estate your browser owned. eHour 1.0 uses the full available width of your browser, replacing customer/project codes with their full names when space allows. Columns are re-sized to use the full width which gives a more clear and usable view, especially in the reports.
Internet Explorer support is improved, some glitches and layout issues with Internet Explorer 8 are fixed.
Many bug fixes and (minor) improvements
There are a lot of bugs squashed like users with the PM role who couldn't be edited, incorrect week number calculation, etc. The Italian translation has been revised.
All bugs that are resolved:
- [EHO-199] - In the timesheet the store button is at the top (and bottom) of week view
- [EHO-226] - Fix Windows 64-bit standalone
- [EHO-239] - Project sort on reporting page
- [EHO-245] - Ask for the current password into the password change form
- [EHO-272] - Show role behind project in the timesheet
2 May 2011: eHour 0.9.1 adds MySQL and PostgreSQL support to the standalone version, enabling the standalone version to run in a production environment.
The concept of the eHour home directory is introduced. The home directory holds the log files and translations files are loaded from there. This allows you to improve or add translations in an easy fashion.
From the web UI, eHour's database can now be imported/exported from/to an external file. This export can be used as a backup file or to migrate between servers. The export file is database independent so an export from the 0.8.4 standalone database can be imported in a MySQL or PostgreSQL database. The export requires at least Java 1.6.0_19.
A number of improvements were done on the UI. When there are unsaved hours in a timesheet and the user navigates away, a warning message will be shown. The main navigation is also improved.
The WAR download now supports MySQL and PostgreSQL from a single archive, there's no separate download for each database anymore.
The full list of JIRA issues (http://dev.ehour.nl/jira/) that are resolved:
- (EHO-159) Load translations from external files
- (EHO-157) Update help texts in app and provide link backs to Wiki
- (EHO-150) Add MySQL/PostgreSQL support to the standalone version
- (EHO-200) Warning when navigating away from an unsaved timesheet
- (EHO-294) Allow backup, restore and port with external file
- (EHO-3) ehcache cache timeout too small
- (EHO-67) Not compatible with MySQL 5.1 connector
- (EHO-155) Excel export of current month doesn't fit on A4
- (EHO-170) Locale.setDefault shouldn't be changed in EhourWebSession
- (EHO-189) Remove references to swfobject.js
- (EHO-164) Hours/Turnover in wrong column of XLS export of detailed report
- (EHO-174) Printing throws Internal Error
- (EHO-229) User can't log in) internal error, and can't change login names.
- (EHO-186) The User password is overwritten when Administrator wants to edit an existing user.
Download eHour 0.9.1
16 September 2009: 0.8.4 supports PostgreSQL as the backend database and adds a billable marker to project. Layout issues with Firefox 3.5 and the Google Chrome browser were fixed and some additional user interface changes were done to the timesheet screen.
- (149) Add billable mark to projects
- (142 )PostgreSQL support
- (153) Projects with 0 hours booked appear in print sheet and generate a NullPointerException
- (148) Chrome layout issues fixed
- (147) Firefox 3.5 layout issues fixed
- (154) Timesheet UI changes
- (144) Inactive projects now shown in export month selection
- (152) Logo can't be changed in demo mode
Download eHour 0.8.4
20 July 2009: 0.8.3 - the Revival release - adds an excel export of the current month with customizable logo, removes the limit of 24 hours on a single timesheet entry so you can use it for different purposes than just to track time and fixes a few bugs.
Most notable change is the change of license, eHour is now open source licensed under GPL v2.
- (157) Excel export of current month added
- (049) Users can now change their own password
- (119) Filtering of inactive assignments to the admin screen
- (162) Input in timesheets were limited to 24 hours, removed
- (159) NullPointerException in addFlexAssignmentStatus fixed
- (120) Internal Error while running Departmental Filter report fixed
- (149) Hangs with socket write error fixed
- (155) Delete button shown on Project admin screen while it can't be deleted, fixed
- (161) When turnover is switched off, hours are placed in the wrong column in the overview, fixed
- (153) eHour registration page sums inactive projects incorrectly, fixed
- (154) Switching 'first day of week' messes up already booked hours, fixed
- (148) Serialization errors in log file, fixed
- (103) Adding a new default Project does not reflect for existing employees, fixed
10 June 2008: 0.8.2 - the Oranje Boven release - fixes an issue with the project management role and some other minor issues.
- (115) When assigning project management role to a user, the user's password gets overwritten
- (114) Some comment fields were blank in detailed report
- (111) Projects sorted in admin screens
14 May 2008: 0.8.1 fixes a problem with the list of projects on a timesheet, not all relevant projects were shown on a user's timesheet. This issue was introduced with version 0.8 and is now resolved.
- (110) Sums per day are displayed in the wrong column when first day of the week is not sunday
- (109) Cannot edit timesheet for dates that don't already have hours
- (108) Changing first day of week to Monday causes Internal Error
7 May 2008: 0.8 is now translated in French, Italian and Dutch. A partial German, Polish, Spanish and Portuguese translation is included. Thanks to all the contributors for helping out with the translations.
Furthermore the first day of the week and the number of work hours in a day are configurable. Authenticated SMTP is now supported as well.
The full list of bugs fixed and features added:
- (064) Change first day of the week to monday
- (100) Capability to change number of work hours in a day
- (095) authenticated smtp
- (072) Inconsistent naming of user & employee
- (105)Previous month query generates error
- (102)Fixed hour constraint not enforced
- (063) Can't delete hours
- (065) Wrong week numbers
- (098) Internal Error - after a long period of inactivity
- (086) Entering ` as hours in timesheet results in Internal Error
- (093) Clear button on report Page not working
- (045) PM role not properly removed
- (087) Reporting prints debug msg to standard out
- (091) eHour requires internet connectivity
3 February 2008: eHour 0.7.3 fixes some incompatibility issues with Internet Explorer. The popup comments window now close properly with IE and exporting to Excel over HTTPS works again.
The date picker on the report and admin pages is replaced by a new one. It doesn't look as fancy as the old one but the pages now load a whole lot faster.
Other things fixed is using your browser's back button - it resulted in an Internal Error on some pages - and for the Mac people; full Java 5 compatibility. Last but not least, the download package has been put on a strict diet resulting in a 25% decrease in download size.
- (082) Comments window working in IE6/IE7
- (078) XLS Export works with IE6/IE7 over HTTPS
- (036) Dojo date picker replaced due to slowing down page build
- (081) Browser's back button fixed
- (079) Detailed reports now working when eHour was upgraded
- (077) eh/projectManagement/ProjectManagement gave a 500 error, fixed
- (038) Improved security of password in the database
23 January 2008: New features
A new feature was added allowing a person to write a small comment for each entry in the timesheet describing for example what (s)he did in that period. Comments can be added by clicking on the pencil icon next to the input box for hours. When the icon is grey no comment was filled out and when the icon is yellow a comment already exists.
A new type of report is added which shows all the hours booked on a day-to-day basis including the above mentioned comments. Also the layout of the report screen has been changed giving the actual reports more screen width. To access the new report log in as a user with the reporting role. A new dropdown is placed in the top right of the report criteria sreen. All existing filtering criteria can be applied to the detailed report.
Features added and bugs fixed
- (056) A timesheet entry can be commented
- (075) Detailed, day-to-day, reports added
- (008) Fold icon in timesheet is now clickable
- (073) Month overview layout properly aligned when turnover is hidden
- (070) Report filter criteria can now be reseted to its initial state
- (067) The print icon in the timesheet overview now uses the selected month
- (004) Infinite date selection fixed in the assignment admin
- (062) First name of a user is not required anymore
- (026) The date format now uses the selected locale
- (074) Logging is configurable
- (037) Input validation fixed in the admin pages
|title||Table of contents|