eHour 1.0 release notes (15 June 2012)
TE-CON is proud to present a new release of eHour, version 1.0 ! This new version has:
An improved standalone version
install4j kindly donated a license for their installer allowing eHour to use a "next-next-next" installer. On Windows, eHour is now automatically installed as a service and oh, there's 64-bit support as well.
An improved user interface
Previous versions of eHour used a fixed width of your browser, regardless of how much screen estate your browser owned. eHour 1.0 uses the full available width of your browser, replacing customer/project codes with their full names when space allows. Columns are re-sized to use the full width which gives a more clear and usable view, especially in the reports.
Internet Explorer support is improved, some glitches and layout issues with Internet Explorer 8 are fixed.
Many bug fixes and (minor) improvements
There are a lot of bugs squashed like users with the PM role who couldn't be edited, incorrect week number calculation, etc. The Italian translation has been revised.
All bugs that are resolved:
- [EHO-10] - Print and excel icons are now properly positioned
- [EHO-95] - When entering an invalid date into the calendar, the calendar didn't work anymore - even with valid input. Fixed
- [EHO-98] - Marking a project as default did not add the project to existing employees. Fixed, it now applies to existing and new employees.
- [EHO-121] - In the monthly overview page, long customer names were not displayed properly.
- [EHO-138] - Project list background does not repeat when list is very long. Increased the background to fix it.
- [EHO-162] - The list of customers in the admin screen is now sorted on customer code and then full name.
- [EHO-163] - The sorting of projects in the weekly calendar is now case insensitive.
- [EHO-173] - The selected currency is now used in the exports to excel, previously it was always a $
- [EHO-223] - The "reset" button in the report now resets all criteria, including "only billable"
- [EHO-224] - Deleting almost empty assignment causes error. This was due to empty timesheets with comments which were not deleted.
- [EHO-232] - Hourly rate was visible in the reports, even when hide for user is enabled.
- [EHO-233] - Multiple installations on same machine still shared the same log file.
- [EHO-238] - Users who are PM of a project could not be updated and gave "unknown error".
- [EHO-240] - Summary row on the Month Overview page crashed when you wanted to display the summary (that grey little line, opened with the arrow)
- [EHO-241] - ProjectManagement reporting threw an error when there empty timesheets.
- [EHO-243] - Week number calculation was wrong when the first day of the week was set to Sunday.
- [EHO-251] - Can't update some users because the PM role was not removed properly.
- [EHO-252] - eHour is now compatible with Java 7
- [EHO-257] - Unable to remove a projectmanager from a project once it's set.
- [EHO-258] - java.lang.NullPointerException
- [EHO-259] - When entering a non-numeric value in the timesheet, no validation error appears but instead an exception is thrown.
- [EHO-261] - Bad behavior with IE8.
- [EHO-262] - Reporter role has access to all projects when exporting a month.
- [EHO-263] - In the reporting section, when selecting a "quick week", 8 days were selected rather than 7.
- [EHO-264] - Once edited TimesheetTextField are alway refreshed with blur event
- [EHO-265] - Logging in after logging out failed the first time
- [EHO-266] - In the PM section the layout is off when project name is too long.
eHour 0.9.1 release notes (2 May 2011)
eHour 0.9.1 adds MySQL and PostgreSQL support to the standalone version, enabling the standalone version to run in a production environment.
The concept of the eHour home directory is introduced. The home directory holds the log files and translations files are loaded from there. This allows you to improve or add translations in an easy fashion.
From the web UI, eHour's database can now be imported/exported from/to an external file. This export can be used as a backup file or to migrate between servers. The export file is database independent so an export from the 0.8.4 standalone database can be imported in a MySQL or PostgreSQL database. The export requires at least Java 1.6.0_19.
A number of improvements were done on the UI. When there are unsaved hours in a timesheet and the user navigates away, a warning message will be shown. The main navigation is also improved.
The WAR download now supports MySQL and PostgreSQL from a single archive, there's no separate download for each database anymore.
The full list of JIRA issues (http://dev.ehour.nl/jira/) that are resolved:
- (EHO-159) Load translations from external files
- (EHO-157) Update help texts in app and provide link backs to Wiki
- (EHO-150) Add MySQL/PostgreSQL support to the standalone version
- (EHO-200) Warning when navigating away from an unsaved timesheet
- (EHO-294) Allow backup, restore and port with external file
- (EHO-3) ehcache cache timeout too small
- (EHO-67) Not compatible with MySQL 5.1 connector
- (EHO-155) Excel export of current month doesn't fit on A4
- (EHO-170) Locale.setDefault shouldn't be changed in EhourWebSession
- (EHO-189) Remove references to swfobject.js
- (EHO-164) Hours/Turnover in wrong column of XLS export of detailed report
- (EHO-174) Printing throws Internal Error
- (EHO-229) User can't log in) internal error, and can't change login names.
- (EHO-186) The User password is overwritten when Administrator wants to edit an existing user.
eHour 0.8.4 release notes (16 September 2009)
0.8.4 supports PostgreSQL as the backend database and adds a billable marker to project. Layout issues with Firefox 3.5 and the Google Chrome browser were fixed and some additional user interface changes were done to the timesheet screen.
- (153) Projects with 0 hours booked appear in print sheet and generate a NullPointerException
- (148) Chrome layout issues fixed
- (147) Firefox 3.5 layout issues fixed
- (154) Timesheet UI changes
- (144) Inactive projects now shown in export month selection
- (152) Logo can't be changed in demo mode
eHour 0.8.3 release notes (20 July 2009)
0.8.3 - the Revival release - adds an excel export of the current month with customizable logo, removes the limit of 24 hours on a single timesheet entry so you can use it for different purposes than just to track time and fixes a few bugs.
Most notable change is the change of license, eHour is now open source licensed under GPL v2.
- (157) Excel export of current month added
- (049) Users can now change their own password
- (119) Filtering of inactive assignments to the admin screen
- (162) Input in timesheets were limited to 24 hours, removed
- (159) NullPointerException in addFlexAssignmentStatus fixed
- (120) Internal Error while running Departmental Filter report fixed
- (149) Hangs with socket write error fixed
- (155) Delete button shown on Project admin screen while it can't be deleted, fixed
- (161) When turnover is switched off, hours are placed in the wrong column in the overview, fixed
- (153) eHour registration page sums inactive projects incorrectly, fixed
- (154) Switching 'first day of week' messes up already booked hours, fixed
- (148) Serialization errors in log file, fixed
- (103) Adding a new default Project does not reflect for existing employees, fixed
eHour 0.8.2 release notes (10 June 2008)
0.8.2 - the Oranje Boven release - fixes an issue with the project management role and some other minor issues.
eHour 0.8.1 release notes (14 May 2008)
0.8.1 fixes a problem with the list of projects on a timesheet, not all relevant projects were shown on a user's timesheet. This issue was introduced with version 0.8 and is now resolved.
eHour 0.8 release notes (7 May 2008)
0.8 is now translated in French, Italian and Dutch. A partial German, Polish, Spanish and Portuguese translation is included. Thanks to all the contributors for helping out with the translations.
Furthermore the first day of the week and the number of work hours in a day are configurable. Authenticated SMTP is now supported as well.
The full list of bugs fixed and features added:
- (064) Change first day of the week to monday
- (100) Capability to change number of work hours in a day
- (095) authenticated smtp
- (072) Inconsistent naming of user & employee
- (105)Previous month query generates error
- (102)Fixed hour constraint not enforced
- (063) Can't delete hours
- (065) Wrong week numbers
- (098) Internal Error - after a long period of inactivity
- (086) Entering ` as hours in timesheet results in Internal Error
- (093) Clear button on report Page not working
- (045) PM role not properly removed
- (087) Reporting prints debug msg to standard out
- (091) eHour requires internet connectivity
eHour 0.7.3 release notes (3 February 2008)
eHour 0.7.3 fixes some incompatibility issues with Internet Explorer. The popup comments window now close properly with IE and exporting to Excel over HTTPS works again.
The date picker on the report and admin pages is replaced by a new one. It doesn't look as fancy as the old one but the pages now load a whole lot faster.
Other things fixed is using your browser's back button - it resulted in an Internal Error on some pages - and for the Mac people; full Java 5 compatibility. Last but not least, the download package has been put on a strict diet resulting in a 25% decrease in download size.
- (082) Comments window working in IE6/IE7
- (078) XLS Export works with IE6/IE7 over HTTPS
- (036) Dojo date picker replaced due to slowing down page build
- (081) Browser's back button fixed
- (079) Detailed reports now working when eHour was upgraded
- (077) eh/projectManagement/ProjectManagement gave a 500 error, fixed
- (038) Improved security of password in the database
eHour 0.7.2 release notes (23 January 2008)
A new feature was added allowing a person to write a small comment for each entry in the timesheet describing for example what (s)he did in that period. Comments can be added by clicking on the pencil icon next to the input box for hours. When the icon is grey no comment was filled out and when the icon is yellow a comment already exists.
A new type of report is added which shows all the hours booked on a day-to-day basis including the above mentioned comments. Also the layout of the report screen has been changed giving the actual reports more screen width. To access the new report log in as a user with the reporting role. A new dropdown is placed in the top right of the report criteria sreen. All existing filtering criteria can be applied to the detailed report.
Features added and bugs fixed
- (056) A timesheet entry can be commented
- (075) Detailed, day-to-day, reports added
- (008) Fold icon in timesheet is now clickable
- (073) Month overview layout properly aligned when turnover is hidden
- (070) Report filter criteria can now be reseted to its initial state
- (067) The print icon in the timesheet overview now uses the selected month
- (004) Infinite date selection fixed in the assignment admin
- (062) First name of a user is not required anymore
- (026) The date format now uses the selected locale
- (074) Logging is configurable
- (037) Input validation fixed in the admin pages